POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface & float functions : Isosurface & float functions Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface & float functions
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Jul 1999 12:38:13
Message: <378E0F19.C4643CA3@inapg.inra.fr>
This is something I've noticed a while ago but didn't care about until
recently : some math functions are not recognized in the isosurface
function declaration : pow, log, atan2, int, ceil, floor.
function  y + sqrt(x) works
but
function  y + pow(x,0.5) returns an error ("float factor expected but
pow found instead")

Any clue about this behavior ? Or am I missing something obvious ? It
looks like the part of the patch that parses the function declaration
doesn't know about these particular float functions.

Many thanks

Gilles